Temporary Visits - Transit

For travelers who are stopping over in Japan (one night or less) en route to another country due to flight schedules. Please find the list of the required documents below.

All submitted documents must be originals (copies will not be accepted unless stated otherwise below); these documents should not be more than 3 months old.

All documents written in a language other than English, French or Japanese must be accompanied by a translation in one of these languages.

WARNING: Be aware of fraudulent websites, social media, emails attempting to extract payments from visa applicants

Frequently Asked Questions


  1. Application Form
  2. One photo (2 in × 2 in; Canadian passport size is also acceptable)
  3. A passport and a photocopy of this passport (with your personal information and picture)
  4. Proof of your status in Canada (the original of your Permanent Resident Card, Work Visa, Student's Visa, etc.) and a photocopy (both sides) of the same document
  5. Confirmation of your airline tickets' reservations or flight itinerary
  6. Confirmation of your hotel's reservation
  7. If the applicant is a minor (under 18 years of age), a letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardians. Please include the photocopy of each parent or guardian's proof of ID with photo and signature (passport, driver's licence, etc.)

Important notes